We’ve covered the top 10 unforgivable mistakes, now here are the top 10 must-haves for a successful business website.
1. An Effective Landing Page A landing page is your chance to make a good first impression on potential customers, and should be designed specifically to engage new visitors. It should provide an overview of the business and provide a clear call to action.
2. Intuitive Navigation Navigation is your chance to direct your customers and provide a clear path outlining your site’s content. Good navigation plays an important role in making it easy and simple for the visitor to move to the desired page and seek information or complete a transaction.
3. An About Us Page The "about us" page provides an overview of the business. This is your chance to describe your company’s philosophy, goals and history.
4. Contact Information It is easy to focus on collecting your potential clients’ information, but don’t forget that you need to make it easy for your customers to contact you. They may want to interact with you in a variety of ways: email, postal mail, phone calls or social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
5. Visually Appealing Design The aesthetics of a web-design plays an important role in getting and holding your customers’ attention. Avoid clutter and hard-to-read text, and choose a design that is appealing and fits with the look of your brand.
6. Your Own Domain Name While there are some web-hosting services that provide a free domain name, it is always better to go ahead and register the domain of your choice with paid services like GoDaddy. The right domain name establishes the online identity of your business. Choose one that is simple, unique and easy to remember. This will also get you a critical SEO boost - a website with its own domain will get higher search engine ranking.
7. Reliable Hosting Avoid free services when it comes to hosting your website. You get what you pay for – free services can come with unfavorable terms and conditions, your data is never your own, backups are not warranted and uptime isn’t stated. You need a host that gives you a good uptime so that your website is always available.
8. Customized E-mail Having customized e-mail addresses gives a professional touch to your online presence. You should have addresses to match the website domain, so make sure when choosing a hosting service that this is available. Avoid using free services like Yahoo for doing business.
9. Search-Engine-Optimized Website You’ve built a great site, now how will people find it? Search engine optimization can help bring customers to your homepage and make your site effective. More traffic means more business. Contact us to learn more!
10. Customer Support + Social Media Presence Having a strong customer support system helps establish the trustworthiness of the business. The same holds true for online presence of the business. Even new clients want to see that you have a mechanism to provide ongoing support and address any issues that may arise.
Is your website lacking something? Feel free to call or e-mail us and discuss it!